maandag 9 mei 2011

Layouts Using Blending Overlays in PSP


by Elizabeth Weaver
Alright, I know this comes as second nature to some, but for the longest time I never knew how digiscrappers were getting those wonderful blended graphic layouts, so I'm going to share the secret. Not that it really was a secret from anyone but me, ah well.
Here is a really simple example, and you can move up from here to some of the really artsy ones. Hint - check the DET Gallery and the DET Contest Gallery - those are the ones that have always awed me.
Starting with my photo, I place it more or less where I want it on the page, and use a fluffy or chalky brush to erase the edges I want to blend in.

Unretouched, it's already the color of the background I'm going to use from my Aquarium kit, but if it wasn't, I can tint it if I want the page to be monochromatic. Now I add in the background and layer that to the bottom:

Now I duplicate the background layer, and drag it to the top of the photo. Using the blending choices on my layer palette, I set the mode for the top background to "soft light". Play with all the different modes, though, you can go dramatically from soft to extreme.


I add my word art (Doodle Delights Ocean by Tina Chambers and myself) and the whale's story, and I'm done with this one!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten